Franco Campo and Carlo Graffi both met whilst studying architecture at the Politecnico di Torino under tutorship of renowned designer Carlo Mollino. They built a strong relationship with Mollino, which led to many design collaborations. In 1956 Campo and Graffi founded AtelierHome, an initiative founded by the desire to manufacture well-made design for the home, affordable for all.
They designed the Prisco coat stand in 1961. The stand is constructed from solid iron rods that have been bent to produce sculptural graphic lines and curves. The stand allows for eight coats and eight hats to be hung from, whilst the concrete tray provides umbrella storage. The piece is in very good condition for its age with minor surface wear. The original umbrella tray is present with signs of use.